We’re thrilled that you’re joining the conversation about mental health, and we’re excited to share your thoughts and stories with the community.
We do want to help ensure a safe, respectful and supportive environment for our users, so here are a few ground rules to keep in mind when posting anything to our websites and social media platforms:
We’re Not A Counselling Service
Although we monitor this page carefully, we may not immediately review your posting. In addition, we are not able to answer your questions about mental health. As such, if you are in crisis and need help immediately, please call 911 or visit your local emergency department. For more information, visit our FIND HELP section.
Respect Our Community
Our users come from all different walks of life, with a variety of experiences and stories, so please keep it nice when participating in the conversation. That means any materials you submit must not contain, depict, include or involve, without limitation, any of the following:
- Content that endorses or condones any illegal, inappropriate, abusive or risky activity or behaviour;
- Violent conduct;
- Pornography or explicit/graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo;
- Content that exploits or could harm children;
- Nudity that might be perceived as inappropriate or offensive;
- Promotion of drug use or other addictive/harmful behaviours (e.g. eating disorders or cutting);
- Hate speech (including, without limitation, slurs against race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, disability or age);
- Copyrighted or trademarked material that you don’t own or aren’t authorized to use;
- Predatory behaviour such as harassment, bullying, stalking, threats, hacking, invading others’ privacy or revealing others’ private information;
- Content that displays impersonation or imitation in a manner that does or is intended to mislead, confuse or deceive others;
- Spam, advertisements, or other overtly promotional materials;
- Malware or viruses;
- Content that we deem to be excessive in quantity, frequency or length; and/or
- Any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by us in our sole and absolute discretion.
We respect intellectual property laws. By posting and/or submitting material to our websites, you represent that you have the right to share the material in your submitted content, including (without limitation) trademarks and copyrighted material. Don’t post or submit any third-party materials unless you have first obtained consent from the owner of such materials. In cases where illegal or criminal activity is involved, or if you submit something that states you are planning to harm or might be planning to harm yourself or someone else, please note that we may:
- access your IP address
- contact emergency services in order to help ensure your safety or the safety of others
Not Everything Will Be Posted, And Some Things May Be Removed
We review each and every one of your submissions carefully, and we reserve the right to post or not post any content to our websites and social media platforms, or to remove, edit or otherwise modify any materials that violate our terms and conditions (or the terms and conditions of the applicable social media platform).
Views Are Not Necessarily Reflective
Comments or opinions expressed on our websites are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on our websites do not necessarily represent or reflect our view(s). We are not responsible for, and disclaim any liability in relation to, the comments/materials posted by contributors to our websites.
Talk To Us
We welcome any and all feedback, comments and suggestions (although please note that we may not always respond to each individual message). Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Is Your Community
Remember that this online community is all about you and your mental health – your stories, your experiences, your thoughts. By taking the brave step of sharing and posting about mental health, you’re helping to inspire and encourage others to not only join the conversation, but also to take action that ultimately will transform the way people think about mental health and behave towards people living with a mental health problem or illness.
We take the safety of our community very seriously. Violation of these terms (or our terms and conditions or the terms and conditions of the applicable social media platform) may result in warning communications or you being banned from our community.
Thank you for sharing with us!