Mental Health is Everyone’s Business
Mental health issues affect all Canadian workplaces. In fact, 44% of Canadians say they’ve dealt with, or were dealing with mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, substance abuse or extreme stress. 
The costs of doing nothing are significant.
- Over 500,000 Canadians miss work each week due to mental health issues 
- $51 billion is the annual economic cost of mental illness in Canada 
- People living with depression are three times as likely to experience lost productivity 
- 1 in 3 workplace disability claims are related to mental illness 
Help Drive Positive Change in Your Workplace
It is estimated that up to 25% of costs incurred directly by employers due to mental health issues and illnesses could be avoided. 
The Not Myself Today® workplace mental health program provides practical tools and resources that are proven to help companies and organizations build awareness and understanding of mental health and mental illness among their workforce, reduce stigma and nurture a more supportive work environment. Since 2013, more than 450 workplaces have participated in Not Myself Today.
Partners for Mental Health is excited to announce that Not Myself Today is now part of the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA), joining a robust suite of workplace programs, training and services such as Mental Health Works and the Bottom Line Conference.
Help create mentally healthy workplaces and make a difference – join the Not Myself Today program today.
Other Ways to Support Mental Health at Work
- Tell your employer/human resources/senior management about the Not Myself Today campaign.
- Learn more about the National Standard: The National Standard on Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace focuses on mental illness prevention and mental health promotion in the workplace, and provides guidelines for employers along with resources and tools to systematically work towards building a mentally healthy workplace.